Ai nastri di partenza la 61° edizione della London Fashion Week (LFW). La corazzata UK fashion industry, il 20 febbraio presenterà il suo ricco programma che vanta alcuni dei più preziosi talenti creativi del mondo.
Brands di fama internazionale, come Anya Hindmarch, Burberry Prorsum, Hunter Original, Paul Smith, Pringle of Scotland, Topshop Unique and Vivienne Westwood Red Label, sfileranno accanto ai talenti Christopher Kane, Erdem, Jonathan Saunders, J.W. Anderson, Mary Katrantzou, Peter Pilotto, David Koma, Emilia Wickstead e Gareth (che ritorna alla LFW per celebrare il suo 10° anniversario) e Joseph and Mother of Pearl.
Quest’edizione inoltre terrà a battesimo le crezioni di designer emergenti come: Shrimps, Simone Rocha, Sophia Webster e Thomas Tait will, Caitlin Price, Ed Marler e Mary Benson, una scintillante NEWGEN line-up featuring 1205, Ashley Williams, Claire Barrow, Danielle Romeril, Faustine Steinmetz, Marques’Almeida, Ryan Lo, e dei nuovi arrivati Marta Jakubowski, Molly Goddard e Sadie Williams.
Una kermesse nella quale il settore della moda britannica crede e investe parecchio: il contributo totale del comparto moda si aggira sui 46 miliardi di sterline. Numeri importanti per l’evento fashion che ogni anno accoglie nella capitale inglese circa 5.000 visitatori, tra i quali buyers, giornalisti, blogger, fotografi.
Di seguito qualche dato che ha stimolato maggiormente la nostra curiosità:
- Espressi 30.000 Lavazza serviti e 200 kg di chicchi di caffè Lavazza usati
- 5.376 sacchi di Propercorn mangiati
- 190 designer presenti allo showroom: tra cui Regno Unito e internazionali, emergenti e affermati ready-to-wear e accessori
- 80 candele Penhaligon
- 78 designer in programma questa stagione: 55 sfilate e 23 presentazioni
- Il 70% degli utenti Internet del Regno Unito acquista abbigliamento e calzature online
- 61 paesi rappresentati dagli ospiti a LFW
- 196 Paesi hanno guardato la LFW live streams SS15
- 52 orologi Swatch in edizione limitata
- 51 secondi a piedi la lunghezza della passerella nella BFC Courtyard Show Space
- 35 appuntamenti capelli nel TONI & GUY a Somerset House ogni giorno
- 10 articoli esclusivi progettati per eBay (tutti meno di £ 100) disponibile presso ebay.co.uk/BFC
- 9 maxi schermi digitali all’aperto per la diretta dello spettacolo Hunter; anche in streaming sul social media del marchio hunterboots.com
LONDON FASHION WEEK & BRITISH FASHION INDUSTRY FACTS & FIGURES
On 20 February 2015, the 61st edition of London Fashion Week (LFW) returns to showcase 78 designers on a schedule that boasts some of the world’s most powerful creative talent. The opening day will highlight the UK’s inimitable reputation for fashion education as the largest reunion of Central Saint Martins graduates will gather to honour the memory of the late Professor Louise Wilson OBE. The first day will close with the Central Saint Martins MA show which will feature the collections of the last of her graduates.
Global brands including Anya Hindmarch, Burberry Prorsum, Hunter Original, Paul Smith, Pringle of Scotland, Topshop Unique and Vivienne Westwood Red Label will show alongside future brands Christopher Kane, Erdem, Jonathan Saunders, J.W. Anderson, Mary Katrantzou, Peter Pilotto, David Koma, Emilia Wickstead and Gareth Pugh who returns to LFW to celebrate his 10th anniversary. New catwalk additions to the schedule include Joseph and Mother of Pearl.
Emerging talent including Shrimps, Simone Rocha, Sophia Webster and Thomas Tait will show alongside Fashion East designers, Caitlin Price, Ed Marler and Mary Benson, and a glittering NEWGEN line-up featuring 1205, Ashley Williams, Claire Barrow, Danielle Romeril, Faustine Steinmetz, Marques’Almeida, Ryan Lo and newcomers Marta Jakubowski, Molly Goddard and Sadie Williams.
The AW15 schedule celebrates female entrepreneurs including four of the NEWGEN recipients; Barrow, Goddard, Jakubowski and Williams who will show alongside Sam McCoach from Le Kilt and Phoebe English for the very first time. (Photo attached)
This season, the British Fashion Council (BFC) celebrates its Business Pillar with appointed Pillar President, James McArthur, CEO of Anya Hindmarch who will officially open London Fashion Week with BFC Chairman Natalie Massenet MBE at an official breakfast before the first show.
LONDON FASHION WEEK IN NUMBERS
- £46billion total contribution from the UK fashion industry (including indirect support for supply chain industries and induced spending of employees’ wages)
- £26billion direct contribution to the UK economy from the UK fashion industry (up from £21billion in 2009)
- £10.7billion spent on fashion online in the UK (expected to reach £19billion by 2019)
- £160million media coverage on LFW each season
- £100million of orders placed during LFW each season
- 797,000 jobs supported by the UK fashion industry
- 329,800 mentions of #LFW on Twitter during LFW SS15 in SeptembeR
- 120,000 images tagged #LFW on Instagram during LFW SS15
- 32,000 miles driven between shows by Mercedes Benz chauffeurs
- 30,000 Lavazza espressos served and 200kg of Lavazza coffee beans use
- 25,000 bottles of Fiji Water drunk at LFW AW15
- 16,862 miles travelled by the House of Holland and H by Hakaan Yildirim collections from London to Tokyo, Turkey to London and back by DHL
- 10,000 hours spent on mentoring LFW designers through BFC initiatives over the last year
- 5,376 bags of Propercorn eater
- 5,000 visitors are expected to attend: buyers, journalists, bloggers, broadcast crews and photographers
- 5,000 glasses of Scavi & Ray served
- 3,000 ES Deluxe magazines read
- 200 makeovers in the Maybelline Lounge
- 196 countries watched LFW live streams during LFW SS15
- 190 designers in the Designer Showrooms: including UK and international, emerging and established ready-to-wear and accessories
- 150 press and buyers staying at the May Fair Hotel
- 94% of Twitter users aware of LFW and 74% have an interest in LFW
- 80 Penhaligon’s candles burnt
- 78 designers showing on schedule this season: 55 catwalk shows and 23 presentations
- 78% of guests attending LFW plan on tweeting during the event
- 70% of UK internet users buy clothing and footwear online
- 61 countries represented by guests at LFW
- 52 limited edition Swatch watches on-site
- 51 seconds to walk the length of the catwalk in the BFC Courtyard Show Space
- 35 hair appointments in the TONI&GUY blow out bar at Somerset House each day
- 20 American Express Insiders wearing uniforms designed by Osman
- 20 designers gifted a selection of shapewear and seamless lingerie by Triumph
- 10 exclusive items designed for eBay (all under £ 100) available at ebay.co.uk/BFC 9 large scale digital outdoor screens livestreaming the Hunter Original show in cities such as London,Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow in partnership with Ocean Outdoor. The show will also be streamed onthe brand’s social media and at hunterboots.com
- 1 Lavazza airstream café designed by Christopher Raeburn
Se vuoi altri aggiornamenti sul mondo femminile, lascia la tua email qui sotto:
ultimo aggiornamento: 16-02-2015